Longer life expectancies, together with ageing populations in Singapore and major cities across Asia, provide healthcare and pharmaceutical companies with a driving force for growth and expansion. The current pursuit of healthier lifestyles is also fuelling an increased appetite for healthcare products and services, creating new streams of revenue for healthcare and pharmaceutical businesses.
However, the rapid development and evolution of the industry also mean that new challenges present themselves under the least expected circumstances.
Top Challenges Faced by Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Shortage of skilled workforce
- Escalating salaries
- Rising operating costs
- Pressure on pharmaceutical prices
- Tightening regulatory environment
- Patent expirations on leading products
- Development of new drugs
- Access to research funding
Dealing with Unique Challenges
Today’s healthcare and pharmaceutical businesses often find themselves knee-deep in administrative and routine work that arise from the need to deal with these challenges, draining valuable time and manpower. The increasingly complex legal and regulatory frameworks as well as an ever-changing marketplace also leave businesses lost and often without the required in-house expertise to react with sufficient speed.
Our clients include:
- Life sciences companies
- Pharmaceutical businesses
- Medical technology businesses
- Primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare service providers
- Healthcare property asset trust funds
Supporting Your Regional Expansion
While Singapore’s small population size limits longer term market potential, its well established infrastructure and capabilities across the entire industry value chain, from basic research & development to support services such as supply chain management and financing, provide a good platform for healthcare and pharmaceutical companies to expand into emerging markets in the region.
Our international network affiliation allows us to tap into over 41,000 minds across 800 offices in 120 countries to assemble highly qualified teams of healthcare and pharmaceutical professionals with the relevant local experience to meet your unique business needs regionally and globally.
- Specialised healthcare and pharmaceutical practice
- One-stop shop. Dedicated specialist team
- High partner, director and manager involvement
- Global presence
- Extensive experience in serving both Singapore and internationally active clients
|How We Help Clients|